These Terms of Service (the “Terms”) are a legal contract between you and L7 Defense Ltd. an Israeli company (“L7 Defense”, “we” or “us”). These Terms explain how you are permitted to use the L7 Defense website located at www.L7defense.com (the “Site”) and any content therein (collectively, the “Services”). Unless otherwise specified, all references to the Services include the services available through the Site and any other Materials (as defined below). By registering for or using the Services, you are agreeing to all of the Terms; if you do not agree with any of these Terms, do not access or otherwise use the Services.
L7 Defense may make changes to the Services at any time. L7 Defense can change, update, or add or remove provisions of these Terms at any time by posting the updated Terms on the Site or by posting a notice on the Services. By using the Services after L7 Defense has updated the Terms, you are agreeing to all the updated Terms; if you do not agree with any of the updated Terms, you must stop using Services.
Subscription to the Site and Services is entirely free of charge. Some aspects of the Services or the Services in their entirety may not be available in all locations, and we may block access to some or all of the Services from certain locations based on your device’s geolocation information. We may add to or remove the areas in which the Services are or are not available partially or fully at any time, without notice to you.
By using, you represent, acknowledge and agree that you are at least 13 years of age. If you are not at least 13 years old, you may not use the Services at any time or in any manner or submit any information to the Services.
We may, in our sole discretion, refuse to offer the Services to any person or entity. We may, without notice and in our sole discretion, terminate your right to use the Services, or any portion thereof, and block or prevent your future access to and use of the Services or any portion thereof.
L7 Defense has developed and markets cyber security protection services.
L7 Defense provides content through the Services that is copyrighted and/or trademarked work of L7 Defense or L7 Defense’s third-party licensors and suppliers or other users of the Services (collectively, the “Materials”). Materials may include logos, text graphics, video, images, photos, software and other content.
Subject to these Terms, L7 Defense hereby grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, non-transferable and revocable license to use and to display the Materials and to use the Services solely for your personal, non-commercial use. Except for the foregoing license, you have no other rights in the Services or any Materials and you may not modify, edit, copy, reproduce, create derivative works of, reverse engineer, alter, enhance or in any way exploit any of the Services or Materials in any manner.
You may use the Services for your personal, non-commercial use. You may not: (i) modify, disassemble, decompile or reverse engineer any part of the Services, except to the extent that such restriction is expressly prohibited by law; (ii) rent, lease, loan, resell, sublicense, distribute or otherwise transfer the Services to any third-party or use the Services to provide time sharing or similar services for any third-party; (iii) make any copies of the Services; (iv) remove, circumvent, disable, damage or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Services, features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any content accessible through the Services, or features that enforce limitations on use of the Services; or (v) delete the copyright and other proprietary rights notices on the Services.
Except for the limited rights expressly licensed in these Terms, L7 Defense and its third-party licensors or suppliers retain all right, title, and interest in and to the Services.
If you breach any of these Terms, the above license will terminate automatically and you must immediately stop using the Services and destroy any downloaded or printed Materials.
It is your responsibility to ensure your computer or mobile device meets all the necessary technical specifications to enable you to access and use the Services. L7 Defense does not provide you with the equipment to access and/or use our Services.
During the process of creating an account in order to access the Services (“Account”), you may be required to select a password and provide us with other information (the “Login Information”). The following rules govern the security of your Account and Login Information. For the purposes of these Terms, references to Account and Login Information shall include any account and account information, including user names, passwords or security questions, whether or not created for the purpose of using the Services, that are used to access the Services:
- You shall not share your Account or Login Information, nor let anyone else access your Account or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your Account.
- In the event you become aware of or reasonably suspect any breach of security, including, without limitation any loss, theft, or unauthorized disclosure of your Login Information or unauthorized access to your Account, you must immediately notify L7 Defense and modify your Login Information;
- You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the Login Information, and you will be responsible for all uses of your Login Information, including purchases, whether or not authorized by you;
- You are responsible for anything that happens through your Account, whether or not such actions were taken by you, including, for the avoidance of doubt, actions taken by third parties. You therefore acknowledge that your Account may be terminated if someone else uses it to engage in any activity that violates these Terms or is otherwise improper or illegal;
- You undertake to monitor your Account and restrict use by any individual barred from accepting these Terms and/or receiving the Services, under the provisions listed herein or any applicable law. You shall accept full responsibility for any unauthorized use of the Services by any of the above mentioned;
- L7 Defense reserves the right to remove or reclaim any usernames at any time and for any reason, including but not limited to claims by a third party that a username violates such third party’s rights.
We may ask for your mobile number in order to verify your Account when you try to post content or if we suspect improper activity on your Account. Please note that your carrier’s text messaging and data fees apply for mobile number verification. Without limiting the foregoing, you expressly acknowledge that any Submissions (as such term is defined below) or other information you submit to the Services may be viewable by all other users of the Services and any third party.
You are responsible for any information, opinions, messages, comments, photos, videos, graphics, sounds and other content or material that you submit, upload, post or otherwise make available on, through or in connection with the Services (each a “Submission”). We reserve the right to retain your Submissions, even after they have expired from view within the Services or even after you have deleted them. However, you agree that we have no obligation to retain any Submission for any period of time, nor shall we be responsible or liable to you or any third party for any lost content or losses related to the expiration or deletion of a Submission.
You may not upload, post or otherwise make available on the Services any material protected by copyright, trademark, or any other proprietary right without the express permission of the owner of such copyright, trademark or other proprietary right owned by a third party, and the burden of determining whether any material is protected by any such right is on you. You shall be solely liable for any damage or harm resulting from any Submission that you make. You have full responsibility for each Submission you make, including its legality, reliability and appropriateness.
You agree to pay for all royalties, fees, damages and any other monies owing any person by reason of any Submissions posted by you to or through the Services. When you provide Submissions you agree that those Submissions shall not be in violation of the “Unauthorized Activities” section below. Although L7 Defense may, in its sole discretion, monitor and remove or edit Submissions for any reason, including but not limited to violation of the “Unauthorized Activities” section below, L7 Defense is not obligated to do so.
The Services may provide communication channels such as forums, communities, or chat areas (“Communication Channels”) designed to enable you to communicate with other users of the Services. L7 Defense is under no obligation to monitor these communication channels but may do so, and reserves the right to review materials posted to the Communication Channels and to remove any materials, at any time, with or without notice for any reason, at its sole discretion. L7 Defense may also terminate or suspend your access to any Communication Channels at any time, without notice, for any reason. You acknowledge that chats, postings, or materials posted by users on the Communication Channels are neither endorsed nor controlled by L7 Defense, and these communications should not be considered reviewed or approved by L7 Defense. You will be solely responsible for your activities within the Communication Channels and under no circumstances will L7 Defense be liable for any activity within the Communication Channels. You agree that all your communications within the Communication Channels are public, and you have no expectation of privacy regarding your use of the Communication Channels. L7 Defense is not responsible for information that you choose to share on the Communication Channels, or for the actions of other users.
When using any part of the Services, you agree not to:
- Create an Account with or access the Services if you are barred from receiving the Services under the provisions of these Terms or any applicable law;
- Upload, post, transmit or otherwise disseminate any material that is vulgar, indecent, obscene, pornographic, sexual or that is, in a reasonable person’s view, otherwise offensive or objectionable;
- Libel, ridicule, defame, mock, stalk, intimidate, threaten, harass, or abuse anyone, hatefully, racially, ethnically or in any other manner;
- Copy, rent, lease, sell, transfer, assign, sublicense, disassemble, reverse engineer or decompile (except if expressly authorized by L7 Defense or by applicable statutory law), modify or alter any part of the Services;
- Upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or transmit) files that contain viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, corrupted files or data, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of the Services or the computers of other users of the Services;
- Advertise, solicit or transmit any commercial advertisements, including chain letters, junk e-mail or repetitive messages (spim or spam) to anyone;
- Violate the contractual, personal, intellectual property or other rights of any party including by using, uploading, transmitting, distributing, or otherwise making available any information or material made available through the Services in any manner that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other right of any party (including rights of privacy or publicity);
- Create false personas, multiple identities, multiple user accounts, set up an Account on behalf of someone other than yourself, use bots or other automated software programs to defraud or which otherwise violate these Terms and/or the terms of service of any third-party applications through which the Services is accessed;
- Attempt to obtain passwords or other private information from other members including personally identifiable information (whether in text, image or video form), identification documents, or financial information;
- Upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit), without L7 Defense’s express consent, any material that acts as a passive or active information collection or transmission mechanism, including, without limitation, clear graphics interchange formats (“gifs”), 1×1 pixels, web bugs, cookies or other similar devices (sometimes referred to as “spyware”, “passive collection mechanisms” or “pcms”);
- Improperly use support channels or complaint buttons to make false reports to L7 Defense;
- Develop and distribute “auto” software programs, “macro” software programs or other “cheat utility” software programs or applications;
- Encourage any third party to: (i) directly or indirectly generate usage, queries, impressions, or clicks through any automated, deceptive, fraudulent or other invalid means; (ii) edit or modify any tag, or remove, obscure or minimize any tag in any way; or (iii) engage in any action or practice that reflects poorly on L7 Defense or otherwise disparages or devalues L7 Defense’s reputation or goodwill;
- Make representations with respect to L7 Defense not approved in advance and in writing by L7 Defense. You shall obtain L7 Defense’s prior written approval to the content of any marketing message, and with respect to any use of L7 Defense’s trade name and/or trademarks and/or designs in connection with the Services;
- Rent, lease, sell, trade, gift, bequeath or otherwise transfer your Account to anyone without L7 Defense’s prior written consent;
- Access or use an Account which has been rented, leased, sold, traded, gifted, bequeathed, or otherwise transferred from the Account creator without L7 Defense’s prior written consent;
- Engage in any fraudulent activity with respect to payment methods or advertiser tracking mechanisms;
- Violate any applicable laws or regulations, or encourage or promote any illegal activity including, but not limited to, copyright infringement, trademark infringement, defamation, invasion of privacy, identity theft, hacking, cracking or distribution of counterfeit software, or cheats or hacks for the Services;
- Attempt to use the Services on or through any service that is not authorized by L7 Defense. Any such use is at your own risk and may subject you to additional or different terms. L7 Defense takes no responsibility for your use of the Services through any service that is not authorized by it;
- Attempt to interfere with, hack into or decipher any transmissions to or from the servers for the Services; and/or
- Interfere with the ability of others to enjoy using the Services, including disruption, overburden or aid the disruption or overburdening of the Services’ servers, or take actions that interfere with or materially increase the cost to provide the Services for the enjoyment of all its users.
This list of prohibitions provides examples and is not exhaustive or exclusive. L7 Defense reserves the right to (a) terminate access to your Account and your ability to post to the Services (or otherwise use the Services) and/or (b) refuse, delete or remove any Submissions; with or without cause and with or without notice, for any reason or no reason, or for any action that L7 Defense determines is inappropriate or disruptive to the Services or to any other user of the Services. L7 Defense may report to law enforcement authorities any actions that may be illegal, and any reports it receives of such conduct. When legally required or at L7 Defense’s discretion, L7 Defense will cooperate with law enforcement agencies in any investigation of alleged illegal activity on the Services or on the Internet.
Unauthorized use of any Materials or Third-Party Content contained in the Services may violate certain laws and regulations. You agree to indemnify and hold L7 Defense and its officers, directors, employees, consultants, affiliates, agents, licensors, and business partners (collectively, the “Indemnified Entities”) harmless from and against any and all costs, damages, liabilities, and expenses (including attorneys’ fees and costs of defense) L7 Defense or any other Indemnified Entity suffers in relation to, arising from, or for the purpose of avoiding, any claim or demand from a third party that your use of the Services or the use of the Services by any person using your user name and/or password (including without limitation, your participation in the posting areas or, your Submissions) violates any applicable law or regulation, or the copyrights, trademark rights or other rights of any third party.
Disclaimer of Warranties
Your use of the Services is at your own risk. The Materials may not have been verified or authenticated in whole or in part by L7 Defense, and they may include inaccuracies or typographical or other errors. L7 Defense does not warrant the accuracy of timeliness of the Materials contained on the Services. L7 Defense has no liability for any loss of, or errors or omissions in Submissions, or for any errors or omissions in the Materials or any other portion of the Services, whether provided by L7 Defense, our licensors or suppliers or other users.
L7 DEFENSE, FOR ITSELF AND ITS LICENSORS, MAKES NO EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, OR GUARANTEES IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES OR ANY MATERIALS RELATING TO THE QUALITY, SUITABILITY, TRUTH, ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF ANY INFORMATION OR MATERIAL CONTAINED OR PRESENTED ON THE SERVICES. UNLESS OTHERWISE EXPLICITLY STATED, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE SERVICES, MATERIALS AND ANY OTHER PORTION OF THE SERVICES OR ANY INFORMATION OR MATERIAL CONTAINED OR PRESENTED ON THE SERVICES IS PROVIDED TO YOU ON AN “AS IS,” “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITH NO WARRANTY OF IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, L7 DEFENSE DOES NOT PROVIDE ANY WARRANTIES AGAINST VIRUSES, SPYWARE OR MALWARE THAT MAY BE INSTALLED ON YOUR COMPUTER.
Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL L7 DEFENSE BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES EVEN IF L7 DEFENSE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, L7 DEFENSE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES RESULTING FROM YOUR DISPLAYING, COPYING, OR DOWNLOADING ANY MATERIALS TO OR FROM THE SERVICES.
YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES. YOUR ONLY REMEDY AGAINST L7 DEFENSE FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SERVICES IS TO STOP USING THE SERVICES. IF, NOTWITHSTANDING THESE TERMS, L7 DEFENSE IS FOUND LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGE OR LOSS THAT ARISES OUT OF OR IS IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, L7 DEFENSE’S LIABILITY SHALL IN NO EVENT EXCEED ONE U.S. DOLLAR ($1.00) IN THE AGGREGATE.
THE FOREGOING EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY, SO THE FOREGOING EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Local Laws; Export Control
You are responsible for following all applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to laws and regulations regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the country in which you reside.
Third Party Materials
You may be able to access, review, display or use third party services, resources, content, information or links to other websites or resources (“Third Party Materials”) via the Services. You acknowledge sole responsibility for and assume any and all risks arising from your access to, use of or reliance upon any such Third Party Materials, and L7 Defense disclaims any liability that you may incur arising from your access to, use of or reliance upon such Third Party Materials through the Services. You acknowledge and agree that L7 Defense: (i) is not responsible for the availability, accuracy integrity, quality or lawfulness of such Third Party Materials or the products or services on or available from such Third Party Materials; (ii) has no liability to you or any third party for any harm, injuries or losses suffered as a result of your access to or use of such Third Party Materials; and (iii) does not make any promises to remove Third Party Materials from being accessed through the Services. Your ability to access or link to Third Party Materials or third party services does not imply any endorsement by L7 Defense of Third Party Materials or any such third party services.
These Terms do not authorize you to, and you may not use any Third Party Materials except as expressly permitted by the owners of such Third Party Materials and such owners may have the right to seek damages against you for any unauthorized use of their Third Party Materials.
Without derogating from any of L7 Defense’s rights and remedies under these Terms and/or under law, L7 Defense will be entitled, at its sole discretion, to immediately discontinue the Services or any part thereof, including the termination of your Account, in the event of any alleged infringement, misappropriation or violation of any rights of any third parties in connection with the Third Party Materials.
You may not use any Third Party Materials for which you have not obtained appropriate approval to use. L7 Defense cannot grant permission to use third party content.
The Services may contain links to other websites or resources (“Linked Sites”). The Linked Sites are not under the control of L7 Defense and L7 Defense is not responsible for the contents of any Linked Site, including without limitation any link contained in a Linked Site, or any changes or updates to a Linked Site. L7 Defense is not responsible for webcasting or any other form of transmission received from any Linked Site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by L7 Defense of the site or any association with its operators. You acknowledge and agree that L7 Defense will not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
Dealings with Advertisers, Businesses and other Third Parties
Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in purchase of goods or in promotions of, use and/or redemption of coupons from advertisers, businesses and other third parties, found on or through the Services, including payment and delivery of related goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such advertiser, business or other third party. You agree that L7 Defense will not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such advertisers, businesses and other third parties on the Services, including, for the avoidance of doubt any dealings with a third party, businesses, vendors and/or merchants which were referred in any suggestions and/or recommendations provided through and/or within the Services.
If you send or transmit any communications, comments, questions, suggestions, or related materials regarding L7 Defense or the Services, whether by email or otherwise (collectively, “Feedback”), such Feedback is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary. You hereby assign all right, title, and interest in, and L7 Defense is free to use, without any attribution or compensation to you, any and all Feedback for any purpose whatsoever. You understand and agree that L7 Defense is not obligated to use, display, reproduce, or distribute any such ideas, know-how, concepts, or techniques contained in the Feedback, and you have no right to compel such use, display, reproduction, or distribution.
These Terms, and any disputes arising from or relating to the interpretation thereof, shall be governed by and construed under Israeli law as such law applies to agreements between Israeli residents entered into and to be performed within Israel by two residents thereof and without reference to its conflict of laws principles or the United Nations Conventions for the International Sale of Goods. Except to the extent otherwise determined by L7 Defense, any action or proceeding arising from or relating to this Agreement must be brought in a court in Tel Aviv, and each party irrevocably submits to the jurisdiction and venue of any such court in any such action or proceeding. If any of these Terms is found to be inconsistent with applicable law, then such term shall be interpreted to reflect the intentions of the parties, and no other terms will be modified. L7 Defense’s failure to enforce any of these Terms is not a waiver of such term. These Terms are the entire agreement between you and L7 Defense and supersede all prior or contemporaneous negotiations, discussions or agreements between you and L7 Defense about the Services. The proprietary rights, disclaimer of warranties, representations made by you, indemnities, limitations of liability and general provisions shall survive any termination of these Terms.
L7 Defense respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that your intellectual property appears on the Services in violation of your copyright, please provide L7 Defense’s designated agent the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled at the Services, and information reasonably sufficient to permit L7 Defense to locate the material.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit L7 Defense to contact you as the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which you may be contacted.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the intellectual property owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
L7 Defense’s agent for notice of claims of intellectual property infringement on the Services can be reached at the following email address: email@example.com.
We will notify you that we have removed or disabled access to copyright-protected material that you provided, if such removal is pursuant to a valid take-down notice that we have received. If you receive such notice from us, you may provide us with a counter-notification in writing to L7 Defense designated agent that includes all of the following information:
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled, and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
- A statement from you under the penalty of perjury, that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification; and
- Your name, physical address and telephone number, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of a court for the judicial district in which your physical address is located, or if your physical address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which L7 Defense may be located, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of allegedly infringing material or an agent of such person.
If you have any questions about these Terms or otherwise need to contact L7 Defense for any reason, you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last update: June__2016.
All rights reserved, L7Defense Ltd.