- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
- The choices we offer, including how to access and update information.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THIS POLICY, DO NOT USE OUR WEBSITE OR PROVIDE L7 DEFENSE WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.
Information We Collect When you visit our website, you might be providing information about your visit in the following ways: Statistics collected as you browse our website Organizational and personal information our visitors knowingly provide us, such as the visited pages, location, from which domains you found a link to our page and information about which browsers & devices people use to visit our Website. Contact Us You may contact us using your email address. Book a Demo You may contact us to receive a free trial of our product; providing your full name, company name, e-mail address and country. Your IP Address and Host Name L7 Defense’s website logs Host Names (or IP addresses when the Host Name is not available) for system administration and security purposes. These logs are monitored and analyzed to maintain systems and information security and to allow us to constantly improve the value and the availability of our web content. These data are necessary for us to provide our service and functionality of our site. You are not required by law to provide us with any of the above information; however, if you do not provide certain information, you may not be able to use all of our website features. Some of the above mentioned information, from which you can be personally identified, shall be referred to as “Personal Information“. We may choose to provide you with marketing communications. The lawful justification for sending marketing communications about our services to you is that you have given clear consent for your Personal Information to be used for this specific purpose. You are always in control of your data. To opt out of receiving communications from L7 Defense, you may contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org .
UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED, L7 DEFENSE IS A DATA CONTROLLER FOR PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT THROUGH OUR WEBSITES SUBJECT TO THIS POLICY.
Our website is not intended for children under the age of 16. We do not knowingly or intentionally collect information about children who are under 16 years of age.
IF YOU ARE UNDER THE AGE OF 16 YOU MAY NOT USE OUR WEBSITE IN ANY WAY.
Use of Personal Information
L7 Defense may use or process your personal information collected on our website for the following purposes. Please note that one or more purposes may apply simultaneously. Based on your consent:
- Contact with you and introduce you with L7 Defense, it’s products and services;
- Enabling you to contact us;
- Enabling you to book a demo of our products.
Based on our legitimate interest in the performance of our website:
- We use Personal Information to obtain data regarding website usage, so that we can tailor our website’s content to meet your needs;
- To present you with marketing and advertising material through our website or e-mail messages, subject to your prior indication of consent. At any time you may opt out of the mailing lists, by sending L7 Defense a written notice to email@example.com;
- If you raise such an objection, we will no longer process your Personal Information for such purposes;
- To conduct surveys and questionnaires;
- To contact you when L7 Defense believes it to be necessary, sending you updates and other communications related to the website and/or our services;
- Generating statistical and aggregated information about users of the website;
- Providing you with support, handling complaints and contacting you when we believe it is necessary;
- Enforcing this Policy and preventing misuse of the website;
- Complying with any applicable law and assisting law enforcement agencies and competent authorities, if we believe it is necessary or justified;
- Taking any action in any case of dispute involving you, with respect or in relation to the website;
- To use anonymized aggregated data that do not disclose any particular user’s personal information for various commercial business analytics purposes;
- To prevent fraud, misappropriation, infringements, identity theft and other illegal activities and misuse of the website;
- To handle breakdowns and malfunctions;
If we intend to further use or process your personal information for a purpose other than set forth in this Policy, we will provide you prior to that further use or processing, with information on that other purpose. We do not sell personal information to other companies. We might, in certain cases, share this information with our partners to ensure that we provide better service to our customers.
A cookie is a small piece of information that is stored on a computer or device and may contain a device identifier for the purpose of recognizing your browser as you interact with websites. Device identifiers may be randomly generated or assembled from available system elements such as IP address, browser version, OS type and version, device type and settings, mobile device and advertising identifiers, wireless mobile subscriber ISDN numbers, public switched telephone network information, mobile network information or software data.
YOU CAN CHOOSE TO CHANGE YOUR BROWSER SETTINGS TO DISABLE COOKIES IF YOU DO NOT WANT US TO ESTABLISH AND MAINTAIN FOR YOU A UNIQUE USER ID. BUT, BE AWARE THAT COOKIES MIGHT BE REQUIRED TO COMPLETE CERTAIN FUNCTIONS ON OUR WEBSITE.
- Deliver advertisements and content relevant to your interests, including retargeting campaigns;
- Provide analytics and reporting;
- to increase our website’s functionality and user-friendliness;
- Maintain information in both identifiable and de-identified forms;
- To support security measures;
- To assist in identifying possible fraudulent or abusive activities.
We may use “persistent cookies” to save your registration ID and login password for future logins to the website. We may use “session ID cookies” to enable certain features of the website, to better understand how you interact with the website and to monitor aggregate usage and web traffic routing on the website. Some of the cookies may expire when the session ends and you exit your browser. Other cookies are saved on your browser’s memory.
Your Rights and Data retention
Subject to eligibility, users may be entitled have the following rights:
- Right to Access: you may request to confirm whether or not we are processing your Personal Information. If we are, you can request a copy of your Personal Information, which we provide free of charge in the initial instance;
- Right to Data Portability: the copy of your Personal Information we provide to you will be in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You shall be entitled to transmit this Personal Information to another entity;
- Right to Erasure: you may request the erasure of your Personal Information. We cannot restore information that we have deleted;
- Right to Object: you may object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to processing of your Personal Information. If you are eligible to exercise this right, we will ensure that your Personal Information will no longer be processed for such purposes by us, unless we are required to do so by law or there are overriding compelling legitimate grounds for the continuation of the processing;
- Right to Rectification: you may ask us to change or update your Personal Information, especially if it is inaccurate;
- Right to Restriction of Processing: you may request us to restrict the processing of your Personal Information in certain circumstances, such as if it is inaccurate or unlawfully held;
- Right to Withdraw Consent: where you have consented to the processing of your Personal Information by us, you may withdraw your consent at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that the withdrawal of your consent does not affect the lawfulness of any processing of your information by us before the withdrawal of your consent.
L7 Defense does not retain information longer than required to provide the website’s features and for reasonable business needs, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes, and enforcing our agreements. Because these needs can vary for different data types in the context of different products, actual retention periods can vary significantly. The criteria used to determine the retention periods include:
- How long is the Personal Information needed to provide the website’s features and operate our business? This includes such things as maintaining and improving the performance of our website, keeping our systems secure, and maintaining appropriate business and financial records. This is the general rule that establishes the baseline for most data retention periods.
- Do customers provide, create, or maintain the data with the expectation we will retain it until they affirmatively remove it? In such cases, we maintain the data until you actively delete it.
- Is the Personal Information of a special category under the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (the “GDPR“)? If so, a shortened retention time would generally be appropriate.
- Has L7 Defense adopted and announced a specific retention period for a certain data type? If so, retention will be accordingly.
- Has the user provided consent for a longer retention period? If so, we will retain data in accordance with your consent.
- Is L7 Defense subject to a legal, contractual, or similar obligation to retain the data? Examples can include mandatory data retention laws in the applicable jurisdiction, government orders to preserve data relevant to an investigation, or data that must be retained for the purposes of litigation.
L7 Defense may at all times review, retain and disclose any other information as L7 Defense deems necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request and L7 Defense’s needs and necessities. By doing so L7 Defense does not either expressly or impliedly endorse, affirm or in any manner assume any responsibility for such communications. The authority supervising our processing activity is the Israeli Privacy Protection Authority, and you have the right to file a complaint to it or any other relevant supervisory authority.
Links with Other Websites and Sharing information with others
- When it is necessary to facilitate the functionality of the website and to provide you with the website, or to protect our customers, for example to prevent spam or attempts to defraud users of our website;
- When it is necessary to facilitate the functionality of the website and to provide you with the services offered on our website, or to protect our customers, for example to prevent spam or attempts to defraud users of our website;
- If disclosure is necessary in order to comply with applicable law or respond to valid legal process, including from law enforcement or other government agencies;
- In any case of dispute, or legal proceeding of any kind between you and L7 Defense, or between you and other users with respect to, or in relation with the website;
- In any case where L7 Defense reasonably believes that sharing information is necessary to prevent imminent harm, physical damage or damage to property;
- If L7 Defense organizes the operation of the website within a different framework, or through another legal structure or entity, or if L7 Defense and/or any of its business is acquired by, or merged into or with another entity, or if L7 Defense enters bankruptcy, provided, however, that those entities agree to be bound by the provisions of this Policy, with respective changes taken into consideration;
- To help our advertisers and partners target the audience they want to reach and to provide you with potentially interesting advertisements, however unless you give consent, we will not provide your personally identifiable information in a manner which discloses your identity and all such information is provided on an anonymous basis;
- L7 Defense may also share Personal Information with companies or organizations connected, or affiliated with L7 Defense, such as subsidiaries, sister-companies and parent companies, and other partners, with the express provision that their use of such information must comply with this Policy.